Saturday, May 31, 2014

How the time flies…

2014 has been a whirlwind. Tomorrow is already June! How is that possible? This year started off with the calm month of January, and my O so valiant goal of one blog per month. Clearly that has not gone well. Perhaps, we’ll change the goal to 12 blogs throughout 2014? We’ll see how that goes. First I want to share some highlights of the whirlwind that has been this year up ‘til now.

Heading out of Bogotá with Ryan and Leandra

January – the only calm month (also a few days of visiting with Valesca Bergen around New Year’s!) - oh yeah, I also got braces, on the top of my mouth



February – super wonderful visit of two amazing friends from Abbotsford, Ryan and Leandra Chapman


March – 3 trips! I basically spent as much time outside of Bogotá as I did in it.
  • Helped with an MCC learning tour, including going with them to see partner organizations on the Caribbean Coast.
  • Visited the city of Cali for the first time, for a very brief day and a half and then off to an MCC Retreat for another 4 days.
  • Went to the Mennonite Church of Colombia’s annual meeting and gave a presentation for MWC (in Spanish!)
Presenting about MWC
So in love! 


April – First visit back to beautiful British Columbia. I went back to Abbotsford for my brother’s wedding (congrats again Adam and Angela!). I also got to spend Easter camping with my family, which was an incredible joy.


May – MWC Executive Committee and YABs Committee meetings in Colombia. Being one of the three people who work in our MWC Bogotá office, there was a tad more work than usual during this time ;) (and got braces on the bottom of my mouth)
Amazing we didn't sink!

Written down like this, it doesn’t even seem like that much. But every event had prep work that took time, and throughout all of this regular life also continues. Communications work for MWC and MCC doesn’t take a break, chores and household cleaning still add up, and of course finding time to spend with friends and my church. It’s been a challenge to find time to rest and renew.

So far 2014 has been incredible, filled with so many blessings and new experiences. Yet this has also come with stress, exhaustion, fried nerves and moments of feeling overwhelmed.

I have so many ideas of what I could write and share here, but first I’m trying to find time to rest. We’ll see how it goes to write at least 10 more blogs this year ;) Thanks again for your prayers and kind words. It was incredibly encouraging to visit with so many people in BC, and to hear many say they’re waiting for another blog.

2 comments: